Here are some ideas for movie/TV mashups:
- Breaking Bad News Bears: a grouchy, alcoholic geezer turns around a pathetic Little League baseball team by feeding them amphetamines, just like the pros. Desperate to keep their connection, the team surprises everyone.
- Walking Dead Man Walking: Susan Sarandon plays a nun in prison ministry when the zombie plague breaks out. Several months later a sheriff and his friends come across the prison and move in.
- The Lion King And I: A cub-prince is raised on the plains of the Serengeti by his governess, a young English woman named Anna, and her meerkat sidekick.
- Finding Captain Nemo: After a reclusive submariner disappears, his goofy friends track him 20,000 leagues under the sea to a dentist’s office in Australia.
- Monty Python’s Life of Brian Jones: a young accountant is pursued by Rolling Stones fans who refuse to believe that his name is, in fact, very common.
- Braveheart Of Darkness: Men in kilts and blue face paint establish a bizarre kingdom in the African jungle.
- The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly Betty – a serape-wearing drifter in search of gold instead finds friends who give him fashion advice. Tip #1: lose the serape.
- His Girl Friday the Thirteenth: Classic screwball comedy about the romantic tension between a tough female reporter and her ex-husband, a mask-wearing serial killer.
- Enter the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: A noir mystery in which a bisexual punk hacker and a martial arts expert team up to expose corruption and opium smuggling in Sweden and Hong Kong.
- A Star Wars Is Born: Aging, burned-out Jedi (played by Kris Kristofferson) falls for talented princess (Carrie Fisher) and turns her into a pop music success thanks to The Force.
- Men In Black Hawk Down: Old story of the brash rookie and tired veteran gets a comic twist as they use their flashy pen thing to make the entire United States forget that it’s a bad idea to send troops into unstable middle-eastern countries with no clear goal except their own survival. Cameo by Donald Rumsfeld as MIB boss Agent Zed.
- The Remains of the Day of the Jackal: An aging assassin reminisces about his prewar relationship with the head housekeeper, realizing too late that she had loved him before his coldness and tendency to shoot at heads of state drove her away.
- The Princess Bride of Frankenstein: After his girlfriend is kidnapped, a young man discovers that True Love is going to reunite him with the one who was made for him – literally.
- The Sign of the Four Weddings And A Funeral: bashful but brilliant Sherlock Holmes (Hugh Grant) eventually gets a clue about a girl.
- The Magnificent Seven Samurai: oh, wait, that’s already been done.